Directions to Coral Woods
DIRECTIONS: The Coral Woods is located in the McHenry
County Conservation District.
- From Wisconsin, find Hwy 12 as it enters Illinois.
- Take Hwy 47 south toward Woodstock.
- Follow Hwy 47 through Woodstock and turn west on Hwy
- Watch for Union Rd, taking it south until it dead ends into
East Coral Rd.
- Note: Union Road heads west at the stop sign in town.
Don't follow it, just keep on going straight.
- The road is now called Northrop.
- Turn right onto Coral Road and take it across Hwy 20.
- Go to 1st street and turn right.
- There will be a sign pointing you on to Coral Woods
- Conservation Area.
- Meet at 10 am sharp in the parking lot.
- At noon meet back at the parking lot . In case of
inclement weather we will meet under the shelter near
the parking lot.
Illinois Mycological Society will be joining us for this foray.
Dr. Patrick Leacock will be our chief mycologist who will
give us a great table talk on our finds.
For questions before the foray, contact Bob Kaplan: (847) 740-0978