Directions to Coral Woods
Bring a picnic lunch - we will gather under a shelter (in case of inclement weather) while trying to identify our
finds. We hope our friends from the Illinois Mycological Society can join us for this foray into their home turf.
DIRECTIONS: The Coral Woods is located in the McHenry County Conservation District.
- From Wisconsin, find Hwy 12 as it enters Illinois.
- Take Hwy 47 south toward Woodstock.
- Follow Hwy 47 through Woodstock and turn west on Hwy 176.
- Watch for Union Rd, taking it south until it dead ends into East Coral Rd.
- Note: Union Road heads west at the stop sign in town. Don't follow it, just keep on going straight.
- The road is now called Northrop.
- Turn right onto Coral Road and take it across Hwy 20.
- Go to 1st street and turn right.
- There will be a sign pointing you on to Coral Woods Conservation Area.
For questions before the foray, contact Bob Kaplan: (847) 740-0978