The Wisconsin Mycological Society (WMS), established 1984, is dedicated to the study and enjoyment of wild mushrooms and other fungi. While based primarily in southeastern Wisconsin, our members hail from across the state and travel far and wide in search of spring, summer, and fall mushrooms.
WMS provides education in identification of edible and poisonous mushrooms and an outlet for fungal-focused hobbies including cooking/preservation, home cultivation, artistic endeavors and more.
The society offers:
- Spring, Summer and Fall Forays — Educational nature hikes throughout the state
- Winter Lecture Series with local & guest expert mycologists
- Members-Only Socials — Winter Wine & Cheese Social, Summer BBQ, and Multi-Course Gourmet Mushroom Dinners
- Quarterly Newsletter — Upcoming events, recipes, humor, book reviews, collecting /ID tips, personal anecdotes, and much more.
- Annual Northwoods Weekend Foray — Boundless mushrooms, campfires & an expert guest speaker
- Morel Forays — All of our secret locations
- The company of other mushroom lovers!